ELECTROSTATIC PRECIPITATORS (ESP) POWER AND CONTROL
ESPI Europe represents Castlet Ltd. who offers electrical equipment for Electrostatic Precipitators. Castlet is an British engineering and manufacturing company engaged in the design, manufacturing, testing, installation and commissioning of power and control solution.
To provide turnkey systems, Castlet engineers provide a full design service.
- Concept studies with our customers at pre-order stage, engineering solutions
- Project engineering and management (including subcontractor management)
- Drawing packages electrical and mechanical (equipment and installation)
- 3d Modelling
- Bills of Materials
- SCADA / PLC programming and verification testing
- Specialist software including AI
- Design standard verification
- Factory Acceptance Testing
- Additive manufacturing
HV TRANSFORMER RECTIFIERS
HV Transformer Rectifier Units are used to provide a high negative dc voltage, typically between 45kVpoc to 130kVpoc at dc currents typically between 100mA and 2200mA.
The TR Units are suitable for outdoor use to IP65 protection standard, hermetically sealed, ONAN cooled using either mineral oils or synthetic fluids such as Silicone fluid or Midel. Coatings are suitable for outdoor, coastal and aggressive environments.
HV CONTROL CUBICLES
Castlet HV Control Cubicles have provided reliable power and control of Transformer Rectifier units for Electrostatic Precipitators since 1974.
With the use of a thyristor regulator in the form of an inverse parallel pair, and our microprocessor based MCS III automatic voltage controller (AVC), the Control Cubicle provides full Transformer Rectifier control.
- Primary Voltage and Frequency to suit
- Ambient Temperature: +40°C
- IP54 Protection
- RAL 7035 paint colour as standard
- Range of indication, control and alarm signals available, with meters, control and indication components fitted as standard
- Built to BS/ EN standards and EMC certified
- Typical dimensions: 800mmW x 400mmD x 2000mmH
Castlet solenoid operated automatic external earth switches have been used in installations across the world, from power stations to glass plants.
The earth switch is designed to be fail safe with a spring operated return to earth function. The earth position micro switches ensure the transformer rectifier cannot be started with the earth switch in its earth on position. Can be activated by a high CO alarm signal.
- Heavy duty solenoid
- Fail safe, spring operated return to earth
- Micro switch operation status
- Can be designed with interlock facility.
- Ambient Temperature: –25°C to +40°C.
- Housed in a weatherproof enclosure to IP65 – NEMA4 protection.
ESP CONTROLLER RETROFITS
After a decade of development, Castlet released the MCS III family of equipment, which included the MCS III controller, colour touch screen user interface, CAN Opener and I/O Module system.
Castlet currently support both controllers (MCS II and III) in tandem. However, as components of the MCS II are likely to become obsolete in the near future, at some point we will be declaring the MCS II as obsolete.
Castlet will undertake support and repairs for as long as components are available, but no guarantee can be made of this. By upgrading to MCS III, the risk of equipment becoming obsolete is removed.
IMPROVED SETTINGS AND FUNCTIONS
The MCS III has more features and options available via the colour touch screen. At the request of our clients, we have introduced a maximum spark frequency setting. The waveform and graph plotting assist for quick fault diagnosis and ease of commissioning.
INCREASED RAPPING CONTROL
Rapping control has been greatly improved on the MCS III. Rappers can be assigned to multiple queues, ensuring lanes and passes cannot rap at the same time.
Each MCS III will log and time-stamp the last 22 alarms.
EASE OF CONFIGURING
Improved programming functionality with a standard USB lead; a Castlet MCS III dongle is no longer required.
ON BOARD FUNCTIONS
The MCS III now has built in 0-20mA signals for kV and mA on board and 6 volt free relay outputs – this removes the requirement for separate PC2020, PC2017 and PC2018’s and means significantly lower spares need to be stocked.
REDUNDANT CAN NETWORK
Dual CAN network ports allow for dual redundant communications.
The MCS III offers 16 x programmable digital inputs and 4 x 4-20mA analogue inputs.
MCS III CONTROLLER FAMILY
Controllers for electrostatic precipitator power supplies are Castlet Ltd’s core business.
The MCS III automatic voltage controller represents the latest iteration in a long string of controllers for electrostatic precipitator power supplies – production commenced in 2010.
- Input Voltage Rating: 110 Vac ±25% @ 25VA, 47 to 63Hz
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 70˚C, Storage Temperature: -20 to 85˚C
- CPU and Memory: 16 Bit 40MHz Near-RISC
- ROM: 64 Kbytes, RAM: 128 Kbytes
- Analogue Inputs / Outputs: 4 x Differential inputs,
- 1 x 4-20mA or 0-20mA input, 2 x 4-20mA or 0-20mA outputs. All inputs and outputs optically isolated
- Digital Inputs / Outputs: 16 x Configurable optically isolated inputs, 6 x Volt-free relay outputs with changeover contacts
- SCR Drivers: 2 x Mains supply 700V RMS Max
- Communication Ports: 2 x CAN bus Network connection Max 500 kbaud, 1 x USB port, 1 x Fibre Optic ports (Rx & Tx), 1 x I/O Expansion port